Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Turing Machine AMV

Back in college, I became and big fan of a band called Traverser.  They are an Orlando based progressive experimental band and honestly, they are pretty awesome.  The guys in the band are really down to earth good guys, and I immediately placed them into my Level 2 slot.  (if you haven't read my Friends post, do so and it'll explain what that means.)  I knew that every opportunity I could get, I would want to go see them live.

Last year, they released a new album (one I am waiting to get until they can make it out to California so I can get them to sign it after their show), but since they posted a few songs via YouTube, I managed to get a couple songs to listen to.  One song was called "The Turing Machine", and as soon as I listened to it, the wheels started turning.  Knowing David, the lead singer, is an Evangelion fan as much as I am, and given the tone and lyrics of the song, adding in that they had previously made an AMV to another song of theirs called EMD, I knew I had to do something with this song.

12 hours later, this is what I created.


I originally posted it to YouTube, but after the internet suicide I took part in at the start of this year, it was obviously removed from the internet.  However, I decided to enter it into an FMV contest at Fanime in San Jose, California this year.  I've done a few other AMVs, but this one just has the best quality of them all as far as editing (plus it's a song I KNOW none of the judges have heard 1000 times.)

I'm hoping it does well.  If not, I'm not going to fret over it.  But it would be nice if it managed to at least make an honorable mention.  I'd be ecstatic if it won the Action category I entered it in, or if it takes a Best In Show award, either from the Judges or the Crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment